In the gear reducer series, planetary reducers are widely used in aerospace, healthcare, robotics, automobile manufacturing and military industries due to their many advantages. Its main function is to reduce the speed, increase the torque, and reduce the load/motor moment of inertia ratio under the premise of ensuring accurate transmission.
Working principle: The driving source starts the sun gear directly or through a connection method, and the sun gear drives the planetary gear combined with the planet carrier to operate. The entire planetary gear system automatically revolves around the inner ring gear, and the planet carrier is connected with the output shaft to achieve the purpose of deceleration. Through the multiplication and accumulation of multiple sets of gears and planetary gears, a higher reduction ratio can be obtained.
The advantages of planetary precision reducer over traditional gear reducer;
1. Small size and light weight. Ordinary reducers are large in size and low in transmission efficiency, while planetary reducers are compact in structure, small in return clearance, small in size, easy to install, and high in load capacity. They are more widely used in servo, stepping and DC transmission systems.
2. High torsion resistance and impact resistance: The structure of planetary gears is different from that of traditional planetary gears. The traditional gear is driven by only a few points of contact and extrusion between two gears, and all the loads are concentrated on several contacting tooth surfaces, which is easy to cause friction and fracture of the gear. The planetary precision reducer has 6 large 360-degree uniformly distributed gear contact surfaces (Figure 2), and multiple tooth surfaces can bear the instantaneous impact load uniformly, so it can withstand higher torsional impact.
3. Generally speaking, the planetary reducer has fine workmanship and high precision. The outer casing of the planetary precision reducer is made of ductile iron, which greatly improves the rigidity and impact resistance of the outer casing.
4. The service life of the planetary reducer is longer than that of the ordinary reducer, and the noise generated during operation will be relatively small. Since the larger output torque of the planetary reducer can reach 2,600,000Nm, the gears are carburized or carbonitrided to obtain good wear resistance and impact toughness.
5. On the basis of workmanship, the planetary reducer has a higher cost performance, but this mainly depends on the accuracy and torque requirements of the reducer.
Planetary precision reducers can be divided into straight gear series, helical gear series and spiral bevel gear series according to the gear series. Different series applications and transmission torque are different. In addition, for the bearing, the seal protection of the reducer itself is also very important. Due to the compact structure and diverse shapes of planetary precision reducers, the bearings are widely used, including deep groove ball bearings, angular contact ball bearings, tapered roller bearings, stamped needle roller bearings and double row angular contact ball bearings.